Curator extraordinaire Hans Fex says he has spent 35 years creating the Mini Museum, a portable collection wonderful things. And why? “Because the universe is amazing,” Fex says on his website. And clearly lots of people agree. As of today, his Kickstarter has over $800,000 pledged, far over the $38,000 goal and with 20 days still to go.
Read more at http://www.visualnews.com/2014/02/27/mini-museum-makes-history-portable/#VcrUIC2OsSxyvpyO.99
so, yeah. I need one of these. Because not all learning happens on a computer. Books! Museums! Get those dinosaur teeth all up in space.
This unholy bald animal can predict the weather AND help fix Conan’s personal problems.
Record Vines and Instagram videos without keeping a finger on your iPhone screen! Here’s How:
- Settings > General > Accessibility > AssistiveTouch
- Toggle AssistiveTouch to ON.
- Click Create New Gesture…
- Click and hold in one spot. Go ahead and fill the bar at the bottom for an 8 second hold.
- Save your new gesture and give it a name.
- Open up a new vid making session in Vine or IG.
- Click the white circle that now sits in the lower right of your screen.
- Click Favorites > that gesture you just named
- When you’re ready to record, drag the blue dot over the record trigger.
- As soon as you let go it will begin the gesture you created …
You’re filming hands-free!
You’ve always been able to use the “j” and “k” keys to go through your Tumblr dashboard on the web, and now many of those same keyboard shortcuts work in the iOS app.
If you use an iPad Keyboard Case or you’re one of the weirdos that uses one of these iPhone keyboards, you can start zooming through your dashboard with a couple of button presses. Who even wants to touch glass anymore? Physical keyboards are the future.
Big thanks to the awesome Tumblr mobile team for letting me sneak this one in. Come join us.
If you’re interested in more cool Tumblr tricks like this, check out the Tips page.